Thursday 4 December 2008

wonder

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?
.
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight!


Walking in a winter wonderland.

Gone away is the bluebird,
Here to stay is a new bird

He sings a love song,
As we go along,
Walking in a winter wonderland.

In the meadow we can build a snowman,
Then pretend that he is Parson Brown,
He'll say, "are you married?"
We'll say, "no man! but you can do the job
When you're in town. . ."

Later on, we'll conspire,


As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid the plans that we've made,
Walking in a winter wonderland.

In the meadow we can build a snowman,

And pretend that he's a circus clown
We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman,
Until the other kids knock him down.

When it snows, ain't it thrilling,
Though your nose gets a chilling


We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,
Walking in a winter wonderland.

8 comments:

Rimshot said...

YAY!

look at the gorgeous relief detail on that bell..pretty!

What's your favorite recorded version of this song? I think mine might be Johnny Mathis'.


P.S.(re: your "Leave your comment" comment, you've read my list)

Mel said...

Yup......definitely works for me!

*humming*

Thinkin' I'll sing it to the Santa duckies.....yup!

<--has Santa duckies! :-)

Mel said...

Oh..and we got a mere 2" of snow-- And not even snowman snow!

Rats.

Zig said...

when do we get the mulled wine??

I, Like The View said...

zigz it was disguised as fruit punch last Friday. . .

hee hee hee

(but don't tell Mel or Dave)

Mel in my childhood we could build a snowman with an inch of any kinda snow!

SANTA DUCKIES!!!! you are something else! (and I'm very glad of it!!)

XXX

shot I'm not so keen on that Johnny, it has to be said - but each to his own, so upon your recommendation I'll give it a spin

I collect jingle bells and sleigh bells and bells in general. . .

(-:

Sorrow said...

LOOK I see a warm fire!
lets roast some nuts!
..
...
...
just not me first.
K?

I, Like The View said...

I love roasting chestnuts sorrow, I'll go first if you'd like. . .

(-:

XXX

Anonymous said...

:)

Lovely.
(I bought some chestnuts today cos last year they'd run out when I went looking for them. I wasn't going to get caught out again!)